Power loss on 2.0 TDI A3?

G40DP

Reaction score
Hi all,

When sometimes driving the A3, there is a total loss of power, like there is no boost at all.

Once you turn the car off, and back on again its ok?

Its only happened twice now but i was wondering if anyone has any ideas as to what may be causing this?

Thanks

Dipesh

Sounds like the car has gone into limp mode, basically it lets you drive the car but only very gently to get you to a dealers.

It happened to my last car a few times when I was running a diesel tuning box but only when I was gunning it.

As you said when you switch the engine off and back on it reset itself and the engine management light went back off.

I would advise getting it checked out if it's happening randomly and it's not while giving it a good thrashing...lol

Thanks for the response! See, the first time i was giving it some, 2nd time i wasn't?! There is also no Engine management light either.

G40DP said:
Thanks for the response! See, the first time i was giving it some, 2nd time i wasn't?! There is also no Engine management light either.

I've not really driven my current car hard so I'm not sure what will light up when it goes into limp mode.

I'll be getting a remap on 2nd February hopefuly I'll not be seeing any management lights after that either:rockwoot:

Hi,

had a similar problem with my A3 2.0tdi. Felt like the turbo had gone, caused the car to judder when I put my foot down and as if there was no power.

Turned out to but the fuel filter, cost me £76 including labour at my local audi dealer. Not bad but could find a cheaper price elsewhere!

Anyways my car runs fine now and could instantly tell the differnece.

Don't know if this is of any help but good luck!