A3 2.0 TDI owners POTENTIAL PROBLEM

stevehsv868

Unofficial Audi UK Endurance Test Driver
Reaction score
Hello

we have a 54 reg A3 2.0 TDI Sline DSG same as mine just 12 months older,

its covered 45,000 miles , and recently developed a strange noise that is really hard to decribe, its like a squeely rattley sound , and is quite loud, and my A3 2.0 TDI sline DSG makes no such noise at all.

it only makes this noise when your in a high gear at low revs and you put ur foot down,

Stoke audi said they couldnt find the fault :shrug:

not satisfied so iwent to :-

Stafford audi, said the noise is due to the variable nozzel turbo vanes adjusting for maximum torque, your car has had a hard life, and they have worn, but we will not replace the turbo:no:

still not satified i had to write a letter to audi uk as the car is still within warrenty

they said bring it back to stoke audi and go out for a test drive with our top tecknichian :hi:

so we went for a drive , and he said yeah there was a noise , but they do make that noise. I had to argue with him to get him to admit there was a fault, finally he agree it have the car in for two days to try to find rectify the fault.

finally they have admitted there is a fault and a new turbo is on order , :idea:

suprise suprise they have none in stock in the UK :banghead:

but nevermind that, the problem will finally be sorted, even though i had to take the long hard road to get it done. in my view audi need to shape up, if i haddent persued the fault, i would still have a faulty turbo

has anyone else had a similar probelm with their 2.0 TDI ????