New Turbo Required

styleinnovations

convert from uk-mkivs.net
Reaction score
Hi,

has anybody got any recommendations on where to get a new turbo for my 180bhp 2.5 tdi?

there seam to be a few places on the web but would rather not go in blind

was thinking about a hybrid, anybody got one? or got any info on power gains and how its delivered etc?
was a bit worried about lag times etc

All depends on how big you go, speak to them and they'll advise you about the best route.

Was in there last week and have also checked out Allard Motorsport and it seems the V6 is not as well catered for in the tuning stakes as some of the other VAG lumps. You will probably have to stick with the same unit for your car and maybe think about MTM or Superchips to wind up the power to 200 horses or so
IIRC Exchange Garrett turbo for yours (and mine) is £335 or something like that plus VAT which is a whole lot cheaper than £1100 from an Audi Dealer.

Well the new turbo arived today !
managed to get it for £395 + Vat
next day delivery
Am taking the opportunity to replace the filters and gaskets also so should be back on the road in a couple of days !

i would have sold you mine for that and got my self a hybrid!

Just got my A4 back from Turbo Technics following a rather catastrophic turbo failure at the weekend. I have to own up to dragging my heels over an actuator problem which didn't help my cause.

:keule:

Needed a completely new turbo and one of the intercoolers replacing, oil and filter, labour and it still came in less than the quoted price for the turbo unit on its own from Audi Northampton. Well done Pete and thanks to everyone at TT for the friendly and helpful service. :applaus: