Audi 2.5 Tdi V6

bluslc

Reaction score
Website
www.westsidevw.co.uk
Engine stalled for no apparent reason, now it wont start, anyone
Checked timing its spot on. its a late 99 model with 126000 on the clock....
any help would be appreciated

Suggest you go to the VAGCOM forum and see if there's anyone local that will check your system for the price of a few pints. I assume its turning over on the key and there's fuel reaching the engine?

Sorry, don't have any suggestions, but if you do find out, would you please post - mine has the same engine!
Thx

hello,

i had the same issue with mine 12 months ago, it just stoped and would not re start, audi came out to the car and pluged there test book of lies in and said it was the fuel pump in the fuel tank that had failed, this was changed and the car would still not start, Audi came out again and this time said that the fuel pump on the engine had died, eek, £1400 later and the car would still not start, through all this the timing was spot on on both the cam and the pump,

the sad end to this tail was that we found the cam belt tensioner had failed and allowed the crank to spin in the belt, 1 full turn, this had shattered the arms between the cam and the valves, this all changed and the motor was running again, and has now done 25k and other than now suffering power loss, im thinking MAF, EGR and Temp sensor at the mo i hope :(

sorry to be the bearer of bad new and i hope that yours is not that !!!!

thanks

Matt