Misfire in 130 PD a4 at 1500-1800 revs

technics100

Reaction score
I have a misfire in the car which happens on and off when driving easy. It happens as I start to accelerate from about 1500-1800 rpm. It doesn't happen when driving hard. The maf was changed on the car not that long ago, so I don't think its that. Anyone any ideas what it could be. Maybe I should just clean the MAF?

I have scanned the car with vag-com and it doesn't have any faults..

Does the misfire occur with the connector to the MAF unplugged? I've had lots of issues recently, replaced the MAF and they still existed, found that smearing some diarectic silicone grease on the MAF connector really helped, definately a connector issue.

If you don't get the misfire with the connector unplugged, try the grease.

Had a similar problem on a 2.5ltr - not sure if it is the same thing, but the dealer suggested I had a problem with an engine mount, or more precisly a sensor on an engine mount; it cuts the ignition, (mis-fire?) to rectify vibration in the cylinder block. He went on to say that this was 'often' a problem on the 4 cylinder engines (1.9 td incl.), not too much so on the V6. ~That'll be £25 for the bit sir, oh and 100 quid to fit!! - - - I ended up puttin up with the misfire!

Don't know if this what you have, but it may be a starting point -good luck

Didn't mention what might cause said vibration......:tumble:

technics100 said:
I have a misfire in the car which happens on and off when driving easy. It happens as I start to accelerate from about 1500-1800 rpm. It doesn't happen when driving hard. The maf was changed on the car not that long ago, so I don't think its that. Anyone any ideas what it could be. Maybe I should just clean the MAF?

I have scanned the car with vag-com and it doesn't have any faults..

Is your tuning box adjustable , if so try and turn it down a little and see if it does / gives the shudder again.......if you can't adjust it i sugguest you take it off and go for a drive afterwards.!!!

Tuning box's :no: .

Hi, just a quick update...It wasn't the tuning box as I ran it boxless for a few weeks and still had the misfire. It was actually the injector wiring loom. I took the rocker cover off and tightened and cleaned the crimped connectors of the loom that go onto the injectors... Problem solved.. happy days..