Diesel Mis-fire???

Markos

quattro'd up
Reaction score
Has anyone experienced this rarity? I've got a 53 plate A4 avant 1.9tdi quattro sport and it has developed a erratic mis-fire. I say developed, I have only owned the car for 9 months and has done it on and off since I got it. It will very occasionaly blip at 1800 rpm mainly in fourth gear, although it did do it in third once going down through the gears taking a services stop off the motorway. it has been into the stealers for two weeks whilst I was on holiday so their guy's could drive it to and fro but they said it behaved fine. Plus they ran it out of fuel and didn't want to replace any tight b@stards!!
They have listed this as an ongoing fault so when the warranty runs out and if this matter gets worse I hopefully have some recourse??
I would appreciate any input thanks in advance.
:think:

hi mine does the same but only at 75 to 80 mph .just had it check out and the fuel line had a pin hole leak in it so it was sucking air in as well
so that mite be something to look for

My 1.9tdi also does this sporadically in 1st to 4th under heavy load. Drive it like a funeral car and its fine in any gear. However it can disappear as suddenly as it appears and then its business as usual again.

Just on the off chance I changed the fuel filter (cheapest part first!) which made a little difference so now I'm going to change the injectors (they are due for replacing anyway with 95k on the clock). While I'm at it I'm going to check that the fuel is getting to the engine as it should.

Does anyone know if Vagcom can tell me if there's any fueling problems or if any of the injectors are misbehaving?

Something strange happened last night...

I'd let the tank get as low as I dared and then when I finished work at 2am I went to put some fuel in. On the way to the station the car was hesitating so it was back to 'funeral driving' mode. I put some fuel in at a nearby Shell and from then on the car was fine on the drive home.

I don't think the car was hesitating on the way to the fuel station because the fuel was so low, as it sometimes does it after filling up too, I 'think' it may be because of the fuel itself.

This may be clutching at straws but I generally get fuel from Morrisons and I think my car has developed a dislike of it! I'm going to only fuel at Shell for the moment to see if it makes any difference.

can anyone help me please ,i have a a6 tdi 180 sport its struggle's starting in the morning's kicking white smoke out and the c/l goes barmy lock,s and unlock's ,please help

See
subscribed.gif
'00 2.5tdi clouds of white smoke!!! (
multipage.gif
1 2) below

boothman said:
can anyone help me please ,i have a a6 tdi 180 sport its struggle's starting in the morning's kicking white smoke out and the c/l goes barmy lock,s and unlock's ,please help

Hi have you recently had a timing belt change......whats it like when it worms up a bit ....and does it through out any blacl smoke at all.

Well, just to confirm... I've stopped fuelling my car at Morrisons and now exclusively use Shell. Surprise, surprise the hesitancy/jerkiness has now stopped. I suppose I could try and find out why but if the cars working fine now I'm not going to ask any questions and risk jinxing it!!

Shades said:
Well, just to confirm... I've stopped fuelling my car at Morrisons and now exclusively use Shell. Surprise, surprise the hesitancy/jerkiness has now stopped. I suppose I could try and find out why but if the cars working fine now I'm not going to ask any questions and risk jinxing it!!

Same thing happens with Morrissons BAked Beans:hubbahubba:

Hi,

had a similar problem with my A3 2.0tdi. Felt like the turbo had gone, caused the car to judder when I put my foot down and as if there was no power. Did me head!

The problem kept appearing and going from time to time, took it to audi and mentioned it, had it serivced, they couldn't find anything wrong with it and for some reason came back in perfect working order. Must be the placebo affect! 2 days later it started again!

Took it in again and it turned out to but the fuel filter, cost me £76 including labour at my local audi dealer. Not bad but could find a cheaper price elsewhere!

Anyways my car runs fine now and could instantly tell the differnece.
I fill up at Morrisons garage too so probably not the cause but you never know???

Don't know if this is of any help but good luck!

mine was the same with intermittent power loss/misfire and it was the fuel filter blocked by the crud released by running bio! - quick filter change and all is well

disco_stu01 said:
turned out to but the fuel filter, cost me £76 including labour at my local audi dealer

£76? I bought a new Bosch fuel filter for £14 and took less than a minute to change!

:wtf: Quote.......

Took it in again and it turned out to but the fuel filter, cost me £76 including labour at my local audi dealer. Not bad but could find a cheaper price elsewhere!