Disconnected EGR Pipe now Warning light

Caesium

My BM is fixed!
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I disconnected my EGR vacuum pipe from the EGR valve to try and stop it from opening and filling my intake manifold with soot and ****, but now I have got a warning light on my dash, any idea why anyone?

SIMPLE! reconnect the egr it will go off!

but i don't want the EGR to keep puffing soot into my intake manifold, can I just VAG-COM the light off?

I have had the same problem when I blanked off the EGR valve with a metal plate. A fault code was stored stating EGR valve was outside limits.

On clearing the fault code and removing my blanking plate, Fault code has not returned. I would also like to stop the inlet manifold from getting chocked up with carbon.

The Mass Air Flow meter must be able to detect the difference when the EGR valve is not in use.

If anyone has an answer about how to disable the EGR please let us know.

My engine is 1.9 TDI 130 bhp AVF

Give Allards a call on 01452 500333 have a chat with Lloyd and he maybe able to help ;)

P.s my Ibiza always had the CEL light on the dash when I fitted the EGR replacement kit 451452 5003332 500333

I was lucky with mine,never had a cel light.Mine is AWX,what engine code do you have?

I never had any problems when i disconnected the pipe on my EGR.

Have you made sure the hose from the 'n75' type valve is properly sealed?

Is your EGR closing properly?

You can VAG-COM the EGR to vastly reduce its operation, or stop it.

I ended up reconnecting mine on my 'afn' engine, when i was trying to diagnose a boost problem.

Diesel Dan said:
The Mass Air Flow meter must be able to detect the difference when the EGR valve is not in use.
nope, the egr is connected directly to the ecu

use vagcom to address the issue.

SOOT..... VALVES >>>>> N75.........

...IM LOST NOW........???