HELP WITH THIS ...TAKE A LOOK.....PLEASE!!!!

vw754

vorsprung Durch Technik
Reaction score
how can i tell if my maf is working as it should and if my car is running rich, 86.9 pence per litre 100 miles and 13.55 quid to refil. done a complete scan via -vag-com (no faults found)

Also i want check if thermostat is working ok,as ive been told if it isn't car could still be on partial choke thus using more fuel,what temp should the choke cutt off?

Also smells funny out the exhaust -smelly fumes?????????????????

AUDI A4 TDI 130 AWX ENGINE. 2001>

VAG-COM 607.

Unplug the MAF and drive around. If there is no difference in performance its knackered. If the performance becomes worse then it is less likely to be knackered.
Your economy: £13.55/86.9p= 15.59litres/4.55= 3.42 gallons
100 miles/ 3.42 gallons = 29.2mpg = you have a problem
Thermostat sorry don't have a quick check for you

hi, I thought that if you unplugged the maf and the performance remained the same this proves the maf is ok and not the other way around ? perhaps you could confirm this? (I have a 2.5 150hp and was expecting better acceleration than i have,I have run the car with the maf unplugged and on my car it made no difference at all) any help would be greatly appreciated.

if the maf is knackered when you unplug it the car will run better. something to do with the ecu providing a stable fake signal close to that of a good working maf if it becomes disconected.
ps, this doesnt work on tiptronic cars, they become quite undrivable without a maf connected. ive read a knackered maf can damage tiptronic gearboxes over time as the gearbox ecu uses maf readings.