A6 1.9 tdi cam belt change......Help!!

alibob

Liskeard Classic Cars
Reaction score
Hello All
Ages since I posted coz we have moved to Cornwall. Just bought the above and wondered how easy it is to DIY? Alternatively can anyone reccomend someone around Liskeard area. We are now Liskeard Classic Cars BTW. Anyone fancy an MGB?

I think it is possible if you've got all the tools & time to do it yourself but it does seem to be a bit of a fiddly job IMO.

also - worth changing the water pump & tensioners whilst your there as well

I did this on my A4, the most time consuming/difficult bit was removing the bumper. The cambelt itself was dead easy and you can lock the camshaft in position with an allen key.

I have just found a sticker on the cam cover that says it was done at 67k so I dont have to worry for another 10k or so but thanks for all the info anyway. Removing the front bumper is easy by the way...I did it twice on my A4...Once with the aid of a tree near South weald and once with the help of a lovely little Asian lady in a BMW 4x4 near Forest Gate. She was most appologetic and insisted on paying for it there and then. We keep in regular contact and she sends me a Xmas card every year!

Hello Chris
No..No cash but she always invites us over to her place for a meal. She has become quite friendly with my mum and has joined her U3A group. Very sweet lady!