Chip or Plug in on 1.9 TDI 110BHP?

redevo1

Reaction score
Just purchased a Plug-in-Chip off e-bay, one from Germany the seller is a tuning company with top feedback so finger x'd it'll be OK. Has anyone else bought something like this and can they tell the difference when fitted good or bad?

I have one ,good for the money not 30bhp though....20 if you are lucky but notice the torque

i had one on my 130Q and couldnt tell the diff, apart from the black fuel cloud...all they do is fool the computer into adding more fuel. then i got the re-map and ive never looked back, its a differant car

If this doesn't work I'll be looking at taking it to someone and getting it chipped and done properly. But I thought I'd try one off these first. A case off see how it goes fingers x'd

yea they are plenty of plug ins out there, see how yours goes!!

Had a PSI chip in my A4 TDI Quattro (97), what a difference in performance!
Did try another make, but that just burned tons of fuel.
Selling the chip on ebay today 18/2/07

Well fitted the plug in chip and so far not 100% if it's made that much difference. I'm sure it pulls a bit better but I've not had a chance to give it a propper run out on my own. So far it's been with Wife and kiddie's. Hoping for good 3rd4th gear over taking punch, so I'll keep you posted....

Any feedback on the box since you have had more experiance with it?

I fitted a £50 plug-in module from German Ebay to my 110bhp TDI and found it made quite a difference, with wheel spin in 1st and 2nd embarrassingly easy if being lead-footed.
Mpg has gone down from about 48-49 to approx 45-46 since fitted but it makes car much more pleasant to drive IMHO.

Hello All
My new (to me anyway) A6 1.9 tdi came with a Van Aaken Developments box on it.......I am most impressed and still get 47mpg according to the on board 'puter. I get a slight cam rattle on cold start that goes in 2 seconds....should I worry....First diesel I have owned for years.

I'm not a 100% I can tell much off a difference but I've also still not had a good run out without the physiological speed limiter in the passenger seat with me. But still loving the A4.:icon_thumright: