Audi turning over but not starting.

has it run low on fuel? also check there is voltage at the glowplugs when you turn igniton on, fuse may have blown.

Car was running fine yesterday at about 12. went out tonight at 2000 and it never started. ??? there is plenty fuel in it. What voltage should be on the glow plugs. Where would i see fault codes?

I had immobiliser fault and had the same issues.the car would just start and no more then cut out.tell tale sign was dash lights flashing and fault with Air-Con on and off.igition key would not recoil back properly........ignition switch below barrel was broken

I believe its behind the lower trim panel (above the pedals) there is also a large fuse there for the glowplugs. There should be 12 volts at the glowplugs.

the connection is common across all the plugs, just connect the positive of the avo meter to the top of the glow plug and the earth of the avo meter to the engine block or some other good earth. no need to remove the plug.

Check all 5 and all ok around 12volts. Started first time.???? Lots of smoke but it started no probs.

The only thing that has changed is the weather is milder around 2degrees and lastnight it was -5degrees on the display. Or i have disturbed one of the plugs for the Glow plugs...

Now what can i do to improve reliability?
It is in need of a service but the glow plugs, fuel filter and oil changed 2000miles ago.

Any pointers

I see people on about the coolant temp sensor

????