1.9 TDI is loosing oil.

DonNiger

Reaction score
Hi everybody.

Noticed, that with the last 8000 km, my car has lost up to 1 litre of oil. After the removal of the engine cover I saw as on the pictures below:

Seems like, the oil is coming out from the EGR valve (there are little holes on the both sides). I removed the air tubes between the air filter and turbo and also between intercooler and inlet. There was oil just before the turbo. Also the other tube was oili (actually there was it quite a lot). Could not check the tubes between the turbo and cooler, for that I shoult lift the car. but obviosly there is oil aswell.
Does enybody have thoughts, what is brocken/jammed etc.
btw: car is A6 from 2004, 1.9TDI 96 kw.

mine is doing the same thing , a4 52 , it`s coming up for a service was going to ask them to have a look .

i`ll let you know , but i have read on here some where that it can be removed and cleaned as it`s a blockage hmm .

chris

How is the car running looks like the EGR valve maybe stuck open

You can get that off if you make a bath of petrol and submerge it all the carbon should loosen off...it wont help the running off the enigine either you will lose performance ........

Rev-head said:
You can get that off if you make a bath of petrol and submerge it all the carbon should loosen off...it wont help the running off the enigine either you will lose performance ........

It has been in a gazolin for 48 hours already, it doesn't want to come off. I'll try some other lubricants aswell. But the question is: is that **** (veery sticky mixture of oil and fumes) normal?

i used de-greaser and i washed it with hot water and washing up liquid,running great and was spottless when id finished cleaning,i used very fine sand paper aswell!