AH FabricationsSky Insurance
    2nd Gear

Status

Removing the CATS from TDI

I am looking for more power and wondering if removing the cats will make any difference.

Or would it be better to make the downpipe larger.
    Or Replace the whole exhaust.

The exhaust at the moment has downpipe which splits into 2 one side goes straight into cat and the other has a longer pipe which then goes into a cat then it joins just after in to a single pipe again.

Is there much power to be had changing / removing?

Any advice would be great.

Craig
    Audi A6 2.5 5Cyl tdi Quattro running 180ps 370Nm @0.9bar soon to be over 200ps

AUDI URS4, URS6 and A4 1.8T breaking Lots of spares available at good prices. Large parts require collecting.

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    Changed the whole exhuast including the cat son my last quattro and it sounded crap, so changed to have the cat back system instead they was no loss in performace. ive done the same again (full cat back) and it does make a difference.
    2010 A4 Avant B8 S-Line Executive 143ps 2.0 Tdi Ice Silver

Extras - 5 spoke 18's, Comfort Pack, Electric Seats, Start-Stop, alcantara/leather, Silver Stitching, Factory Tints all round, Cruise control, symphony 6 disc changer, mobile phone prep low

Previously Owned 2002 Red A4 Avant Quattro Tdi 130 , 2004 Red A4 Avant Quattro Tdi 130

2nd Gear

Status
    The bigger downpipe should make a difference and removing the CATS should take way the restriction. I guess i will have to try it and put it back on the rollers to see if it makes any difference.
    Audi A6 2.5 5Cyl tdi Quattro running 180ps 370Nm @0.9bar soon to be over 200ps

AUDI URS4, URS6 and A4 1.8T breaking Lots of spares available at good prices. Large parts require collecting.

4th Gear

Status
    yea, let me know.

mine didnt feel faster but hey i might be a few horseys around 6 or so.
    2010 A4 Avant B8 S-Line Executive 143ps 2.0 Tdi Ice Silver

Extras - 5 spoke 18's, Comfort Pack, Electric Seats, Start-Stop, alcantara/leather, Silver Stitching, Factory Tints all round, Cruise control, symphony 6 disc changer, mobile phone prep low

Previously Owned 2002 Red A4 Avant Quattro Tdi 130 , 2004 Red A4 Avant Quattro Tdi 130

3rd Gear

Status
    I put a powerflow full system on a td vectra and i think the reduction in back pressure let the turbo spool up quicker and it was more economical but no faster....

There are many respected opinions suggesting that the cats are not restrictive.

Read ess_threes info from his time spent at Star at the top of the A3 8L section
    Coming back to Audi with an A3 Tdi Sportback Quattro... but the 220bhp T5 was epic....