A4 TDI HEVY ON FUEL??

vw754

vorsprung Durch Technik
Reaction score
What are the most common causes for a tdi to be heavy on fuel? ithink that my b6 2001 tdi (awx engine) is using more than it should.

New fuel filter,new airfilter,pollenfilter,oil and filter change,

The only thing i've noticed recently is that when starting (wheather engine hot or cold) it will start as soon as the key is turned (which is fine)
But now and again,(getting more frequent now) when starting it takes a good 3-4 seconds to start,its getting worse now and im worrie sooner or later it may never start!:faint:

What you getting to the gallon and how heavy is your right foot?

Starting problem could just be a knackered glow plug or 2 that's making starting difficult now it's getting colder!

the starting problem is getting worse,but when the engines hot it still does it,if it were the glow plugs wouldn't this be a problem when engines cold?
surely glowplugs dont work when engines hot.

Could be a few things then!

You might have an air leal somewhere or one of the temp sensors playing up which should advance the timing for cold start ect and not when hot!!

temp sensor i changed only last week. if its an air leak,how im going find that is not an easy task,unless any idea's?

Air Leak in your fuel line can usualy be seen in your transparent fuel line after the filter going to the injection pump.A few air bubbles is quite normal but if you have a real air leak this could become apparent after being left standing for a while.
If it does start every time regardless I would'nt worry to much about it,our A6 v6 tdi has never kicked off imedietly,has never got any worse and has never let us down.

I know it's a stupid question but what's your battery like??? We used to have a 100 tdi and had to change the battery every 2/3 years otherwise she just would'nt have it!!!!Diesels for you!

GOT NO TRANSPARENT PIPES,DONT KNOW WHERE TO START,NO DIESEL LEAKING,ANY COMMON PLACE TO CHECK?