turbo lag

bigpaul

Reaction score
:wub: looking for a little advice!! since this is my first diesel Audi i was wondering if the turbo lag is a common thing ! i have been caught out a couple of times when accelerating away at junctions, roundabouts when there's no power there for a couple of seconds,.
whats the best way around this problem as Am not very mechanically minded?

ps its a a4 19tdi sport

I dont really notice any lag on mine.You could give it a few more revs and slip the clutch on fast pull offs.

bigpaul said:
:wub: looking for a little advice!! since this is my first diesel Audi i was wondering if the turbo lag is a common thing ! i have been caught out a couple of times when accelerating away at junctions, roundabouts when there's no power there for a couple of seconds,.
whats the best way around this problem as Am not very mechanically minded?

ps its a a4 19tdi sport

Sounds more like your Maf than turbo lag!!!

yeah could be MAF sensor, try driving another diesel VAG if poss n compare, it could be that ur not used to diesels but if u drive em like a petrol u shouldn't notice lag unless ur pullin away at 1krpm (like i do lol)

thanks 4 the advice could any one explaine the maf senser what it does & where is it locaited & if possible how to alter it thanks again .........:meeting:

If your TDI is pre 2001, your turbo should come online around 1700rpm.

If you put your foot down you should be able to wheel spin from a standing start no matter what the conditions.

Your MAF measures air density and flow rate, so that the engine knows how much fuel to add to the mix. It is located on the cold air inlet to the airbox behind your drivers headlight (depending on engine orientation).

If your MAF is not at fault a cheap 'tuning box' may solve your power problems, most just keep the injectors open for a fraction of a second longer, adding more diesel = more power.

If your ECU is flashable you could also have the rpm that the turbo comes on-line altered, but this will shorten the life of your turbo amongst other things.

:rockwoot: thanks 4 that inigoj by the way its a 2003 model