Warning BP Ultimate

garethj

Reaction score
Anyone thinking of trying BP Ultimate Diesel be warned, make sure you get the right pump. I learn't the hard way, stupid mistake (and costly) but I am not the first one to do it and I am sure I won't be the last.

r they not colour coded or summit ?
dont use BP much
get my diesel in asda - 74.9p/litre

steve

They are colour coded but the Unleaded is blue, which isn't usually used for petrol.

ahh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif what colours they're diesel ??? white /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

steve

I nearly made the same mistake in the MOTO services on the M4. Tried it though and I was impressed, car had more energy at top end and was much quieter when thrashing it.

Well done BP ...!

Thanks for the message, BP have taken some steps to make the marking of pumps clearer but the haven't changed the colour of the pump yet (probably too expensive). It is commendable that BP are paying for the repair. It is the right thing to do but it is getting increasingly rare for companies to have the guts to admit they have made a mistake.

[ QUOTE ]
garethj said:
Thanks for the message, BP have taken some steps to make the marking of pumps clearer but the haven't changed the colour of the pump yet (probably too expensive). It is commendable that BP are paying for the repair. It is the right thing to do but it is getting increasingly rare for companies to have the guts to admit they have made a mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

Up north bp ultimate diesel doesn't exist!!!!
Totally gutted anyone recommend a filling station that sells the ultimate diesel up north?

Cheers

Where up North, it's available in Cumbria, Merseyside, Tyne & Wear, most of Scotland.