EM TuningJMB Retrofits

Thread: audi a4 tdi v6

Reverse Gear

Status

audi a4 tdi v6

i own a 1998 v6 tdi auto recently has started having problems with the turbo it was a intermittant fault one day it would boost and one day it wouldnt boost eventually after a couple of weeks it stopped working completly i had a falut reading of 00575 low or no inlet manifold pressure i found the fault to be the wastegate was stuck shut i took the turbo off and had it looked at and sorted out i refitted it and things were back as normal again after a couple of days we started having problems again with the boost the turbo is spinning and i am getting some boost but not as it should be . on this vnt model of turbo on tick over the wastegate is open if you pull the pipe off the actuator the wastegate closes everything seems very linnier and functioning correctly so i dont think that the turbo is at fault again. my gut feeling is that i think the n75 boost controller also has an intermittant problem but my experience with this engine is limited if anybody has idea what the problem may be i would be grateful if you write back to me, thanks for reading arron

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    My N75 stoppedworking somewhat more abruptly than yours but the symptoms are similar. Generally failure to work was accompanied by lots of smoke from the exhaust. Mine was replaced. I'd replaced the MAF by that point too, are you sure yours is OK? I would be very very surprised if ther is a turbo problem. How many miles has it done?
    2001 A6 Avant 2.5TDi quattro Sport 180hp+TurboDynamics MD438 hybrid+Bosio Race683s+3" exhaust+Celtic Tuning remap - now with adamss24 replaced with runabout
    2007 BMW 535d AM Sport + Celtic remap
    2004 A4 Avant 1.9TDi quattro Sport 130hp + Superchip - sold & replaced by
    2005 Audi TT 1.8T
    1988 Yamaha FJ1200 120hp finally traded after 23 years for
    1986 Yamaha FJ100 (1300 barrels shhh!) with too many bits to mention
    2011 BMW 320d M Sport son #1
    2004 Suzuki SV650 S son #2

1st Gear

Status
    Check/clean or buy a new MAF!

Check all those little rubber hose's going to the air pumps on bulk head,I had one come loose and had similar symptoms.

As a general rule when turbos are dead, they realy are!

Reverse Gear

Status

boost problems

i am getting smoke but i presumed it was because the exsess fuel in the system the maf lookes clean and has a stamp on it so i think it has been exchanged by audi at some point ??????one more question as you look at the engine bay is the boost controler the one on the bulk head or the one just behind the pasenger head light......the reason i ask is because there are boost or vacume pipes running to both.....my car has only done 77000miles when you changed your boost controler did you see a drematic improvement im thinking that maybe my car has never been 100% thanks for the reply
    Last edited by akka; 6th November 2006 at 17:28.

Reverse Gear

Status
    just an update changed the maf and n75 valve checked all vacume pipes problem cured blew all the undurnt fuel out totaly changed the car i dont think the car was right from the day i brought it thanks for the he lp guys

1st Gear

Status
    Nice one!

Glad you sorted it!