Cambelt kit and water pump - Where to buy?

awmw

Reaction score
I'll soon be changing the cambelt on my 174,000 mile 1998 A4 TDI 110.

I'd like to use quality parts, I've heard good things about Gates belts but can't find where to buy them.

I'm planning to change;

Cambelt
Cambelt tensioner
Cambelt idle roller
Aux drive belt
AC drive belt
Water pump

Is there anything I've missed and should be changing?

Can anybody recomend what make of belt I should use and where I can get them?

I've heard that water pumps with steel impellors are available so I'm assuming the originals are plastic? Are the steel ones worth having? Can anybody tell me where I can get them?

Thanks,
Adrian

www.vagparts.co.uk supply OEM parts at a good price(better than the dealer) they will have everything your are looking for.i would stick to the plastic vanes as it is normal to replace the pump at every timing belt change so no sense at giving yourself extra expense if not needed

:search: Try dealer i found them cheaper!!!!!:rockwoot:

Hi,
Dont forget coolant for when you take out the water pump! cant remember the audi approved stuff - G something.

I got all my bits from GSF http://www.gsfcarparts.com/

If i recall correctly the impellor on the water pump looked like it was brass or similar? may have been plated steel.

I'd check to see if you need to renew any bolts, once you disturb them.

Steve

Don't know if i should be revealing this but i played gsf and eurocarparts against each other and got a huge discount from GSF who wanted my business! I just went in to mention that eurocarparts had beaten them on some things from the list below and they reduced ALL of my quote prices as much as they could generating a large saving.
I bought the following parts for my A4 2.5tdi in one go:
Rear brake discs brembo
Rear brake pads pagid
Rear cv joint
ABS ring
Cambelt kit (including 2 tensioners, 1 roller and 2 belts)
Tensioning Damper
Lever
Set of hexagonal sockets (only needed hte one for the hub not)
Waterpump
Locking kit

All in for £380 inc VAT. They reduced my initial trade price quote (i'm not in the trade) by £120!!!! I will go back definitely.