AUDI A3 TDI IDLING

noddy tt

Reidy
Reaction score
Hi guys,
Can anyone offer some DIY tuning advice as to why my engine apears to want to jump out the car at idling speed when stopping. This seems strange as the car seems to be perfectly ok when i am driving,then when i pull up to lights the engine ticks over erratically for a couple of seconds.

Any engine maintanance would be really helpfull.

cheers
Audi A3 owner keen to get his hands dirty.:doctor:

Some A3's suffered from a fault in their engine management programme resulting in very rough,uneven tick over.
Only solution is to take in to Audi who will reprogram ECU!

This is happening to mine too. I think that I am going to try re-gassing the air con...

The system flips into ECON by itself which is the setting where the pump stops... Reading the manual suggests that this happens when the refrigerant is low causing the pump to cut in and out, hence affecting the idle speed change....

May work...

Cheers guys,
Thanks all for your advice.Ive not taken the car to a garage as it seems ok apart from this small niggle when idling.I will fire some of that redex gear though her and see if that helps.
As for the air con causing the pob i must say that i am convinced that this is not the prob as i dont have any (Thanks again as i can see what makes you think this is the prob).Ill also give the oil a change and clean the K&N see if that makes a difference ps if i get it sorted ill let you know.

Had her up at 120mph (NO BOTHER) she just doesn't like slowing down i guess.

:racer: