What mods have you made?

Turbochip, allegedly 210hp and 420Nm but no dyno charts, £470 (£800 did they see him coming?)

Big red scrape all down offside doors (thankyou nurse in Seat Arosa)
Ding in rear bumper (**** in BMW)

As funds come available
Replace shocks
Better brake pads
K&N (well someone needs to, theres lots of chat and not much actual experience)

just a pipercross panel filter, remap by Superchips and shes driving strong, like a steam train on steroids!

Superchips remap & i'm fitting the pipercross panel filter this weekend :)

I used some dielectric grease in the MAF sensor Mutiplug... seems to have helped..... and I reset the Throttle pot so it actually read 100% on full throttle....lol best mod ever... ;)

fjtwelve said:
K&N (well someone needs to, theres lots of chat and not much actual experience)

I have one, its off at the mo but am putting back on for rolling roadday on sat.
TBH doesnt really make much difference other than noise, bit more responsive maybe.
Took it off for summer though as soaks loads of heat and made the car really smokey and low on power after sitting in traffic.

Sounds awesome though.

Emailed K&N and said would the induction kit for the 150hp engine fit but they just said sorry there is no kit for your car. Cannot find one anywhere else yet, still looking. There are plenty of replacement panel filters around.

All you need to know is the diameter of the Air flow meter and get a universal cone filter. Vectra V6 Cone filter is only £45 delivered from Demon tweeks it fits my AFM on my Astra. Diameter is 80mm.

Hope this helps.

Craig

Was thinking about doing that on my 1.9tdi but what other things do you need to do regarding vacuum pipe........I take it you just put blanking plate on

You don't have to plate it as if you remove the vacuum hose to it (making sure that you block hole in rubber vacuum pipe with a bolt or screw) this disables the EGR valve in the closed position!!
But if you have done a few miles over 100k for example chances are that it's already sooted up and not closing properly which means it will have to come off to be cleaned making sure it's closing 100% creating an air tight seal and not re-circulating all those nasty sooty gases that knacker the MAF sensor and block your inlet manifold!!!!!!

Jason said:
You don't have to plate it as if you remove the vacuum hose to it (making sure that you block hole in rubber vacuum pipe with a bolt or screw) this disables the EGR valve in the closed position!!
But if you have done a few miles over 100k for example chances are that it's already sooted up and not closing properly which means it will have to come off to be cleaned making sure it's closing 100% creating an air tight seal and not re-circulating all those nasty sooty gases that knacker the MAF sensor and block your inlet manifold!!!!!!

Any 'How 2' on this?

I have a forge DV fitted and forge remap looking to get hose`s replaced next.