a4 99 2.5 tdi over boosting

help

• Total voters

dive007

Reaction score
have been informed by star perforance that turbo is sticking and over boosting how easy to strip vnt turbo and clean
or
can i upgrade turbo and fit the chip i have got and take out the cat
any info

Need to be a bit more clearer with info.......Turbo Sticking are you sure they said that ..sure it was not the EGR Valve sticking.........Could you explain fault a little more and you might get a better idea of a solution for it

Cheers

if it is waste gate actuator just remove the old one and replace it , it is externally mounted and functioning on the turbo (not sure what space is like on your model you may be able to reach it if you have small hands..), relatively easy to do than taking the turbo off straight away. if this cures it your done. if it is the wastegate sticking that will be internal to the exhaust housing of the turbo , this is a turbo off job.

they said cleary that the turbo was stick and over boosting then going into limp home mode not easy when your comeing of a round about going up hill towing a caravan after a minute restart and speed crept up they and quoted £ 700+vat fitted

if its over boosting it will probably be a sensor. the 2.5 tdi does not have a wastegate. the boost is controlled by varing the veins via the ecu. if the turbo was sticking you wouldnt be going anywhere.

this happened on my A3 1.9 TDI. basically the bearings wear on the turbo, causing shaft wobble, causing oil to mist out past the seals - this oil then mixes forms a paste which then sticks the VNT veins (normally when they open fully) - hence ECU senses overboost and puts the car into limp mode. switching ignition off clears the fault code and resets > everything is fine until it happens again..........

I got my turbo refurbished and did all the work myself - £350 versus £950 Audi dealer quoted!