How quick (0-60) is a 1.9 TDi A4 Avant 130 after chipping?

cluelessgoon

V6 TDI
Reaction score
I just wonder how fast these cars are after chipping from 130 to 170-190ps. I've test driven them and they don't feel that fast, so I can't see how I'd be able to stop myself chipping one if I bought it!

Are they really that economical either, or shall I keep my 2.5 V6 TDi 150 running for another 100K ? :)

The 130's are good engines, in std or chipped form their mpg figures are much better than the V6 TDi. Plus you'll probably find the car will handle better with the lighter 4 pot under the bonnet

Very good point - the V6 weighs a ton! You can really feel the weight going into corners - especially in the FWD version I have. Luckily I don't really take the corners too quick!

I suppose the 1.9 130 quattro (chipped up of course) is the ultimate in economy/handling/performance.

1.9 130 quattro (chipped up of course) is the ultimate in economy/handling/performance

i would agree, i sold mine 14months back, ive had a Golf Gti, brabus roadster, focus st170 since then now ive sold up and bought another one.

handling of the B6 quattro Avant is brilliant- plus excellant as a towing car for my kit car