Sky InsuranceEM Tuning
    V6 TDI

Status

How quick (0-60) is a 1.9 TDi A4 Avant 130 after chipping?

I just wonder how fast these cars are after chipping from 130 to 170-190ps. I've test driven them and they don't feel that fast, so I can't see how I'd be able to stop myself chipping one if I bought it!

Are they really that economical either, or shall I keep my 2.5 V6 TDi 150 running for another 100K ?

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    The 130's are good engines, in std or chipped form their mpg figures are much better than the V6 TDi. Plus you'll probably find the car will handle better with the lighter 4 pot under the bonnet

V6 TDI

Status
    Very good point - the V6 weighs a ton! You can really feel the weight going into corners - especially in the FWD version I have. Luckily I don't really take the corners too quick!

I suppose the 1.9 130 quattro (chipped up of course) is the ultimate in economy/handling/performance.

3rd Gear

Status

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by cluelessgoon
    I suppose the 1.9 130 quattro (chipped up of course) is the ultimate in economy/handling/performance.
    As an owner of the above I would indeed have to agree... as probably would The Slug....
    Coming back to Audi with an A3 Tdi Sportback Quattro... but the 220bhp T5 was epic....

4th Gear

Status
    1.9 130 quattro (chipped up of course) is the ultimate in economy/handling/performance
    i would agree, i sold mine 14months back, ive had a Golf Gti, brabus roadster, focus st170 since then now ive sold up and bought another one.

handling of the B6 quattro Avant is brilliant- plus excellant as a towing car for my kit car
    2010 A4 Avant B8 S-Line Executive 143ps 2.0 Tdi Ice Silver

Extras - 5 spoke 18's, Comfort Pack, Electric Seats, Start-Stop, alcantara/leather, Silver Stitching, Factory Tints all round, Cruise control, symphony 6 disc changer, mobile phone prep low

Previously Owned 2002 Red A4 Avant Quattro Tdi 130 , 2004 Red A4 Avant Quattro Tdi 130