2000/2001 A3 TDI (ENGINE PROBLEM)!!!

mr964porsche

Reaction score
HI, can anyone shed any light on PROBLEMS im having with my A3 110BHP TDI!!
MY CAR HAS STARTED TO RUN POORLEY,THE CAR FEELS DEAD!!! TURBO DOESNT WANT TO REV OUT,SEEMS TO BE MISSING

I GOT THE CAR CHECKED ON A BOSCH AUDI/VAG DIAGNOSTICS MACHINE and the guy only got one fault code coming up (it said that the turbo was over boosting)

i havent tried a NEW maf yet?

can anyone please HELP!!!!

check the intake pipes or pipes to the turbo for leaks. it sounds like it could be the maf. when was the last time it was running normally? is it intermittent powerloss or issit constant?

IT SEEMS TO BE a gradual thing!,although i noticed the car being a little bit hesitant especially going up a hill when i bouught it 8 months ago! ps the car has just turned 80,000 miles on the clock

i had powerloss problems after my remap it was due to a faulty temp sensor and maf. to be sounds like your maf is gone there are threds on here how to narrow the problem doe to the maf. let us know how you get on mate. also the warm weather combined use of a/c really slow the car down turbo hates warm summer days! even i do having suffering with hayfever!

ANY SUGGESTIONS!!! HELP!!
I HAVE a 2000/2001 model A3 TDI 110BHP AND I AM HAVING TROUBLE with the WATER TEMP LIGHT coming on all the time!!
IT started a few weeks ago and i then topped up the header tank and the display light automatically went out. one week then passed and it done the same,then it got more frequent every 2 days!!!
i left the car sitting static for 1 week in my garage as i was on holiday,when i returned i noticed that the HEADER TANK had a YELLOW FROTHY SUBSTANCE IN IT!!!
THE CAR HAS NO VISSIBLE LEAKS!,AND THE OIL IS FINE NO WATER IN THE OIL. ALSO THE FOOTWELLS OF THE CAR ARE BONE DRY INSIDE NO SIGNS OF LEAKING WATER

ANY HELP WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED

mr964porsche said:
IT SEEMS TO BE a gradual thing!,although i noticed the car being a little bit hesitant especially going up a hill when i bouught it 8 months ago! ps the car has just turned 80,000 miles on the clock

If the MAF doesn't fix it then i suspect your boost control valve has failed, also known as the N75 valve. Had same problem on my 110hp TDI Passat