Smoking A4

topsymac

Reaction score
Hi.
My first post.
I have a 54 plate A4 Avant 130 Sport multitronic which smokes alot when i excellerate.It gets quite embarressing when this cloud of smoke leaves a trail behind me.I asked why it did this at Taunton Audi and they said its because its not run in(19000 miles)-is that right?
Hope someone can help.

Cheers
Trevor

Take the car for a drive in second gear,4000 revs for about half a mile once a week at least and this will blow out any soot buildup in the exhaust also a drink of injector cleaner every now and again will help.This method has helped to keep my smoke trail to a minimum but there will always be some smoke.P.S. if your a sunday driver let the boy racer in you come out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

My 130 multi didnt smoke at all til the remap.. now is quite noticeable, but that seems really common on remapped cars, a bit of overfuelling..

and of course foot down hard in the multi, maintains peak power as a more continual thing than a manual equiv, where the revs stay the same as the speed rises..

Hi.

This morning i gave it a good clean out and for about 1/4 of a mile i couldn't see out the back window for smoke.It did clear eventually and tomorrow i will get some injector cleaner.

Thanks.

Trevor

Hi.

No,its not down on power,it goes very well and i can hear a faint whistle from the turbo when i have the windows open.
Thanks

Trevor