Sebring-winning R10 TDi

cityslicker

Reaction score
I know this a couple of months ago, but this pic is quite stunning.

These are the two R10 TDi's debuted by Audi in the 12 hr Sebring race. Audi intends to enter these facory cars at Le Mans 2006.

The number 2 car (right) won overall, having started from the pit lane. The car is near-silent when entering the pit lane and zero smoke out the back too - quite eerie really,

The way forward for oil burners then?

header.jpg

Full article here; http://www.audiworld.com/news/06/sebringrecap/content.shtml

[ QUOTE ]
I know this a couple of months ago, but this pic is quite stunning.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a poor Photoshop job.... a hideous picture of a superb car however I shall be at Le Mans cheering the team on.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif

Oil burners???, mine doesnt use a drop....Diesel all the way!

Poor photoshop? Ok it's a staged photo, but not from the race (clue lies in the "Winter Test" comment bottom left) Taken when the cars were paraded at slow speed around Sebring for Audi's promo shots

[ QUOTE ]
Poor photoshop? Ok it's a staged photo, but not from the race (clue lies in the "Winter Test" comment bottom left) Taken when the cars were paraded at slow speed around Sebring for Audi's promo shots

[/ QUOTE ]

Too much motion blur applied to the track surface makes it look unreal irrespective of when it was taken.

Guys chill... Oil Burners is an euphemism for cars that run on oil (ie diesel fuel) I wasn't dissing how much engine oil they use

And the pic was just an illustration to highlight how I thought Diesels had moved forward (I'm a convert from petrol)

Sensitive souls /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif