A4 1999 TDI TROUBLE

DIPS_A4

SEAT LEON CUPRA R (225)
Reaction score
Hi all.
Wondering if i can get some advise i have got an audi a4 1.9tdi (90) got it remmaped at jabba sport about 4 weeks ago and before i took it to jabba sport i had my maf sensor replaced. after the car was chipped the car was much more responsive now some times the car accelorates perfectly and some times in 2-3rd gear at 2000-3000rpm the car goes really struggles. Took the car to my mechanic he is not sure what it could be when revving the engine you cannot relly hear the turbo either.

just wondering what the problem could be because the maf sensor is new. Could it be the pipes like the other problems other audi owners had or the n75 or egr.
HELP!!!!! Please!!!! Thanx!!!!!

I would phone Jabba up and mention to them Four weeks on that you are having problems with performance...tell them it is a intermitant fault which would lead me to think there is something loose or error on there part with remap

Cheers

Is the car knock out loads of black fumes when flooring the car and nothing happening?

orite mate how ya doing?

sometimes allot of smoke comes out not black more greyish when the car decides to go but then when it decideds it doesnt want to go little or very less smokes comes out i had this problem b4 i got it chipped also i thought it was fixed when maf got replaced also when chipped its just one some days it goes and some days it doesnt and the other noise i noticed it that when the turbo kicks in a (PING) noise happends.

thanks for your help it annoying when the car goes wrong spent allot on it recently got it lowerd rs6 reps with apex springs and piper cross panel filter

Hello again

no the has not got a dump valve. after reading other problems it still not sure what it could be i think its the egr or n75. Surely the MAF sensor wouldnt fail just after about 600miles the one which i had put in my car was the bosch one from euro carparts because they have the exchange.

im going to take it to my mechanics mate he got the diasnotics kit i will let you know what problem codes come up if they do.

Hi all took the audi to my place where diasnotics was carried out and 5 faults came up 17849 egr valve, 17957-turbo wastegate regulations valve, Mass Airflow (Maf) sensor open circuit, intake air temperature sensor, Manifold absolute pressure (map sensor)
after them 5 codes they cleared them all. And advised me to take the car for a spin and do 70mph, i had done that and the seems to be running fine so far. then took the car back hooked it up again and no fault codes came up.
so hopefully that end of the problem but when car is in neutral and revving the car cant relly hear the turbo much not sure if thats because the turbo is the 90bhp but i thought the remmap should make the turbo work harder not sure if thats me because my bro has a a4 but the red eye 110 his turbo is much more louder. anyways i will post a note sayin how the car is getting on.

I had my N75 replaced recently and noticed that the characteristic turbo whistle had come back. You can hear it at low speeds as you are accelerating away. If this noise has gone then I would suspect N75 rather than EGR.
EGR is easily removed and cleaned with brake cleaner and an old toothbrush. Often fails on higher mileage engines just because its's full oily nasty oily gunk not because it's broken.

hi again thanx for the advise, im sure it is the n75 as well becuase my mechanic said that when a diagnostic is done the n75 is still fine but after chipping the n75 shows more sympoms of failure even though the diagnostic is not showing a fault. but also the guy at the diagnostic place also said it even might be the cat so im still stuck not sure what it is 100% bareing in mind the computer said there was not faults . i went to my local audi dealer to order the n75 and found that there is 2 of them in the car so i got a diagram of the engine and where the n75s are located just wondering which one is more likely to be failing. when i drove my car and acclarateing over 60mph it relly stuggles and dont feel like the car has been chipped going to order the part today £82inc vat.
Any suggestions would be great thanx!

My N75 failure ocurred about 3-4000 miles after being chipped. Interesting that it may be yours has also gone after chipping. The one I am talking about is the one next to the turbo that controls intake manifold pressure.

hello again ive orderd the new n75 as well as a new temp coolent sensor because i rang jabba sport they advised me that the temp coolent sensor might be the problem and which would lead it to feed the ecu wrong info which would lead to power loss ocationally.
Im well annoyed with my car cant wait to fix it and enjoy driving the car. will let you know how i get on.

UPDATE!

right today got the coolent temp sonsor changed made no difference what so ever, so from my previous advise gunno replace the n75 which controls intake manifold pressure cost of £85 main dealers part! ran vag com again still no faults.
surely the error would come up as a faulty n75 fault. taking the car on tuesday to get the n75 replaced it that still does not fix the powerloss then ill replace the other solernoid valve as well which is £34. it proper stuggled between 60-100 mph got whooped my a fiesta zetec not good /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif!

hi all just recived the part but i think its the wrong part. as above intake manifold pressure is that the MAP sensor? also known as the n75 solenoid valve? im not 2 good with car parts on the box the description of the product says thrust sensor?
any help?

map and n75 are different, map is a sensor and n75 is a control valve