is she worth it?

delterflier

Reaction score
hi everyone,im quite new here and havent posted much but i have a dilema.

i swaped a old subaru imprezza for my a3 1.9tdi w reg last month knowing it had short mot and tax,well the mot is out now and im trying to figger out if she is worth repairing or do i get anouther and keep her for parts?

i had just replaced the track rod ends as thay came with the car, also done the front wheel bearings and front breaks.

my mechanic has diegnosed the sterring rack needs replased,lower ball joints and at least 3 plates of welding the size of a a4 piece of paper.

the front driver side caliper piston seal has seen better days so woud need replaced or rebuilt.

the car it self drives great for a 221000 miller or thow there is quite a wistle all the time when driving,is this a turbo problem?

i also have to tax it so forgeting the tax lets say i have 600 to eather buy anouther or repair.

heres some pics for condition ;)

ive never driven a audi before but i was impressed by this one for its age and millage,so whats everyone thorts?

cherrs john

parts are ready available cheap and the 1.9 engines are great , the skoda fabias rust in the same place as yours , just weigh up the cost to fix compaired to cost of buying another car with possible issues that may need fixing