2.5 v6 TDI cambelt change DONE!!!!!!!

dan1

Reaction score
Hey

Thought Id let you know that I changed the cam belt on my v6 tdi...

Crickey, what a job!!!!! took three days, mostly due to my hands freezing and watching a little bit of snow drift past me every so often!!!!

Changed the belt, tensioners, a number of rollers, the injection pump belt, the tensioner, the serpentine belt and the air conditioner belt...

Hooked up to Vag-com and found no faults after and retimed the injection pump to correct setting... actually atdc 1 degree when it should be 2 but had it running at 4.5 degrees atdc..... great top end, extremely crap at starting... lost a car that was parked behind me in the smoke....

She runs gorgous at the moment... fingers crossed lol....

At 80k found the serpentine belt and the air conditioner pump belt required replacing, cam belt felt fine....

Stuck it all back together as audi intended and did alot of cleaning whilst in there....

My right intercooler had some drips of oil on the pipe that connects it, I will be watching that... dont know the implications of that yet.... not sure if there is a crack there or something similar...

My advice? Unless you are severly mad or have too much time on your hands... get a garage to sort it out for you....

But... I don now know my car inside and out now....

Did sort of enjoy it though... especially all the cash I have saved... which of course I will be buying some other mods for my car...

Next to sort out the suspension.... or chip when I find some time.

well done mamoth job /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif

good job, remember my dad doing the one on my a4 when he owned it and spending the best part of 2 days doing it. where abouts in herts are you?

Well done Dan, you are very brave to take on such a big job, think i'm gonna leave this one for my tech, still got another 25k to go so better start saving!

hey chris tdi... near watford?

wheres you????

Dont expect me to do your cambelt!!!!!! lol

lol, doesnt need doing for 20k yet.
im from near Hertford.