A few issues

Rev-head

Reaction score
Having had my Diesel for short time now ,had a few small problems

The immobiliser seem to stay on which of course stopped me starting car but only for 20 sec

There is a slight flat stop just before 2000rpm is this normal?

Any thoughts and views would be appreciated

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

2000rpm is bang in the middle of peak torque and shouldn't have a flatspot I wouldn't think.

After running my 110hp TDI Passat fro 125000 miles i can tell you a flat spot at 2000 rpm is not normal. Any other symptoms?

Have looked into it a bit more and it seems the car is overfueling and there is no boost at all some times i can tell this by the black reek coming fae the back oh the car !!!!!!!!

I think i have a boost problem hoping it is a leak somewhere between the intercooler and the turbo......if not i will go through the usaul measures of N75 so on

Just for note is there a quick way to tell if the N75 is working by electrical means or unplugging it and trying to run the car ?

Cheers

I have tried the same technique with the MAF but not with N75. Go to www.tdiclub.com and check out your symptoms, this has to be the best site for the VAG diesels there is. In order of ease and cost I would check: air filter, take off the EGR and clean out all the black crap and make sure the piston inside is moving easily, leaky vacumn hoses, manifold pressure sensor (look for someone living relatively local on this site with VAGCOM to check out the sensors), sticking turbo wastegate.

Think i have solved the problem just away to do test drive now

Cleaned out everything when i got to the EGR valve i see this split in the hose that connects manifold to intercooler by luck that i seen it as it was underneath, was spraying carb cleaner everywhere when it showed up the split

Hope this is it cheapest fix of my life

Steve

Well thats it sorted, a completely different car now ,it goes some now

Thanks for all the advice guys

Steve