JMB RetrofitsMonster Motorsport
    Neutral

Status

PD130 Pre Mapping checklist for best possible gains

Im going to get my pd130 A6 mapped in the near future but was wondering what i can do prior to the map to make the most gains on the rollers?

My understanding was;

Clutch - mine is starting to slip so will be on borrowed time if i map prior to swapping this

EGR delete

high flow panel filter

Possible de-cat.

Im not after MASSIVE power but at the same time id like to optimise the current turbo setup and not go GTB swap or whatever.

However i do have a spare PD130 setup from my old B5 that got written off, so i could in theory have that hybrid' provided it isn't going to cost me a fortune. What would the implications be of running a hybrid PD130 turbo with the above mods, any idea of what kind of power i should see it return over using the current setup?

Cheers

Ben

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    Hello Ben, just replied to your other thread.
    If your clutch is starting to slip now a remap will not be of much use to you till you sort that. EGR delete will make little difference to actual power levels until you get over 200bhp, It's not that much of an obstruction. On a phase 1 map I would suggest you have the EGR deleted from the MAP. On cars after 2003 they throw up a CEL. What year is yours.
    Panel filter will make little difference, standard filter is excellent. On the Dyno with my car looking for a little more to get it over 200bhp took the standard air filter out with 10K miles on it and it ran about 4Lb/ft of torque more and 1bhp more that was at 197bhp and was with no filter.
    Decat is good. If you are going more than a stage 1 170bhp I would get a FMIC fitted . Loosing the back box or gutting it will help things out as they are quite restrictive.

UKpassats.co.uk • Login

eventually managed to get my Passat down to a 14.95 93 mph car at Santa pod. It was as quick as an R32 golf n the go just couldn't match them on the start with their 4WD.

Karl.
    Karls 312bhp A4 3.0 TDI build thread http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audi-s4...ld-thread.html

2nd Gear

Status
    A super smooth reduced torque remap cured my clutch slip !

Neutral

Status
    nice one desert storm, Mines an '04 so could also cause some issues with the EGR by the sound of it.

The clutch is the next mechanical thing on the list at the same time as some springs so once thats out of the way its a trip upto dark side developments.

I think ill save the pennies on the filter too by the sound of it!

Cheers man!