A4 1.9tdi. Few issues, help!

Thatch85

Reaction score
2006 b7 avant. The eml has come on...had it scanned and cleared. Same 2 issues came back.

1st is glow plug open circuit on all 4. Replaced glow plugs, and relay. Still showing codes when read and turning eml on, no idea what's goin on. Car starts fine every morning!

2nd is throttle position sensor. I've noticed when I use the car first thing, there's a slight judder under acceleration for the first few miles, then it runs fine all day long. Not sure if this is related, but it's not showing any other codes that could be causing this issue. Just this morning I've noticed the accelerator pedal has got like a notchy feel to it, and not smooth under my foot like it was. Sort of feels like it's clicking as I press it for power?

Any my ideas what's goin on guys? Cheers for looking!

replace throttle position sensor
and finde where wire brocen.

Glow plugs don't just work for the first ten seconds and turn off. When it's cold typically below 9 degrees they stop on to assist combustion and help the car and this can be for upto 3 minutes.
The glow plugs are controlled by a module j179 is this what you replaced. Have you checked the 80A fuse is good. you need a voltmeter to check for power to the plugs.

Karl.

Where is that module located for the glow plugs? I have replaced the plugs themselves and a relay which was located under the ecu. I've checked the main fuse for the plugs, it's fine.

I have replaced position sensor and throttle peddle but still getting the judder on acceleration when cold. Re scanned the car and it's now saying throttle actuator control Module performance?