remaped my PD130 ... oh my god :)

smanning

Reaction score
after the remap what a difference... I cant help smiling every time I drive it. For a heavy 4WD car it goes like a rocket.. although when pedal to the floor it does smoke like hell...

Definately worth the money. Would recommend a remap to anyone.

If you don't mind me asking, where did you get it done and how much?

I've got the same A4 as yourself and have ben looking to get a remap for a while. I know Star are able to perform this now.

Thanks...John

I will back that up, my A3 TDi QS went up to 187 hp also and a fat 320 Nm torque....oh yes indeedy...and the fuel figure actually is still increasing as the engine runs in properly...

Enjoy !

that'd be Stage 1 with just a remap.....

there is a Milltek downpipe and cat back system available that will also help squeeze a little more out of it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

and if you really want to take the urine why not consider the Stage 3 upgrade which includes all of the above plus a hybrid turbo, as seen on my Golf PD130 which anyone is quite welcome to come to AmD and have a look at if they're interested! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

That will see you with well over 220bhp and 350+lb/ft of Torque.

My Golf last measured at 230bhp and 360lb/ft

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Kevint said:
Hmmm... tempted.

What can be done with the new 2.0TDi?

Kev.

[/ QUOTE ]

As of yet I've seen no other tuner offering anything on this.

The 2.0TDi has a completely new bosch ECU, well not completely new but different to the usual stuff seen, in the past most VAG ECU's stored all code on a 1MB EEPROM the 2.0TDi see's the introduction of an 8MB EEPROM, also it is very different inside and out.....
I'll be interested to see what everyone else makes of this new system! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Hiya mossy..LOL be prepared to show your **** ....:O

woolworths window do ya???LOL

Sorry pal I forgot you have turned 30 now, is this why you had to get rid of the chipped A3 and buy a more sensible car?

Thank god I have got another 10 years to go then.

I had mine mapped by a guy called chris john at simple performance solutions.... havent taken it on the rollers yet but it must be up around the 190bhp mark.

The only problem is that at around 135mph on a standard air filter it goes into "limp home mode" and cuts the turbo out so have to pull over and restart the car before it will manage any more than 40mph. Will have to get a performance filter on and hope it cures the problem. Only happens on "spirited" driving though ....

see you later..
steve

[ QUOTE ]
smanning said:
I had mine mapped by a guy called chris john at simple performance solutions.... havent taken it on the rollers yet but it must be up around the 190bhp mark.

The only problem is that at around 135mph on a standard air filter it goes into "limp home mode" and cuts the turbo out so have to pull over and restart the car before it will manage any more than 40mph. Will have to get a performance filter on and hope it cures the problem. Only happens on "spirited" driving though ....

see you later..
steve

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds more like the ECU is shutting down due to something not quite right, I suspect it's an overboost situation, does' it bring up the engine check light?
Not sure why who told you that the reason it was shutting down was due to the air filter but that is a little misleading.

Hi John

What does the MAF sensor do?
Just to be clear... only thought a filter would help, i am not talkiong induction...

Steve

just reading this thread and I notice there is a smoke problem.... the 'tuning box' only alters fuelling and not boost, as more fuel in diesels will give an increase in power then you will see an increase in power from something that increases fuel obviously!

But, if you properly remap the ECU then you can increase boost as well as fuel, you'll not only see an increase in power from a remap over a tuning box but you'll also see a decrease in smoke if the remap is done correctly.

Just a note, some of the diesels smoke a little as standard, this can be mapped out quite easily.
But beware there are some people out there claiming they can do more than they actually can.

Wando

I have read all the posts, worried myself and then wandered what to do about my map. The company that mapped it does an awful lot of remaps for large distribution companies, and he drives a PD130 himself which is similar to the map i have. He used to work for a company similar to yours i Believe...

I asked for a fairly agressive map, and thats what he gave me, the downside being if you accelerate hard, you get a lot of smoke. Bottom line is despite the smoke, I do get more miles from a tank, and I have a much more powerful car now, with a stronger pull right through the range. I dont use any more oil than i would normally (1 litre every 18000 miles) and having now done 10k in it its still going strong.

Basically, my issue was with the cut out when on full pelt. I understand that anything "played with" can have downsides, and it is not often that I am at 130mph flat out in 6th, and it has only happened a couple of times, both of them when I was guinning it after another car, and on boost all the time. So what do I do? My mapping chap says its the Air filter, others say Maff sensor. I am not sure. all I know is now the colder weather is upon us, the car does not cut out, even when driven hard which may indecate that it could be an air problem after all????

The question is how can I determine the issue once and for all, and failing that with careful motorway driving am I likely to be damaging my engine?

18ME

Regarding your post, apart from the fact that the turbo has cut out on high boost / high speed a couple of times and that it smokes a bit when being pushed (quite amusing to see), I have no issues with the map at all. In fact, my map has had the opposite effect in fuel economy.

I have found now that I can squeeze nearly 600 miles out of a tank whereas with the same driving I could only manage 550 at best. The power and torque are also significantly up.

This is the mileage I do every weekend travelling home from Essex to Devon, and although you get the obvious traffic jams, its nearly always at speeds up to 100mph, so I figure thats pretty good. Plus around 70 miles of that relates to 20-40mph driving up and down country lanes and that eats up the juice so i think it must be a fair comparison. Mine has just turned 29k now, just changed the tyres. Who says 4WD eats up rubber??!?!??

I was worried that my map may have been less effective due to the cut out issues, but certainly I have never had any starting issues, or any other adverse effects other than that mentioned above.

Wando, yes, I think I should have a R/R diagnostic test, have been meaning to for ages as with the motorway treatment my car gets, I think that mine should be quite surprising impressive on the meter...:), however my car did have a custom map. I had a tuning box before and wanted to progress, and so I think all perameters should have been changed including boost. It certainly is massively different to a Bromley PD unit.

18ME

Forgot to include MPG figures. I reckon I am achieving on average around 43MPG, but as stated that it is at the 3 figure speed mark. I did manage nearly 700 miles when my other half drove 250 miles at 70 in it so I reckon that must up it to around 50??

Obviously being a Quattro will sap it a a bit and it is always loaded up to the gunnels with stuff as we are moving house..

As for an S4.... you and me both, either that or an RS4 one day /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Wando said:
[ QUOTE ]
Kevint said:
Hmmm... tempted.

What can be done with the new 2.0TDi?

Kev.

[/ QUOTE ]

As of yet I've seen no other tuner offering anything on this.

The 2.0TDi has a completely new bosch ECU, well not completely new but different to the usual stuff seen, in the past most VAG ECU's stored all code on a 1MB EEPROM the 2.0TDi see's the introduction of an 8MB EEPROM, also it is very different inside and out.....
I'll be interested to see what everyone else makes of this new system! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I heard ABT remap the 140PS to 170PS it doesn't seem as great as some of the claims from previous claims on here... Has anyone had it done yet... come on someone must have!