On the rollers yesterday at Surrey Rolling Road..

M

Max M4X WW

And I'm happy! I'll call it 170PS and 280lb/ft :)

a3rr.jpg

Did you remap it yourself? how is your map, any smoke or diesel smell etc?? Btw good numbers! Im assuming your engine is AWX?

The previous owner did it, its a http://www.blacksmoke.co.uk map.

ASZ Engine :)

Some smoke, but nothing crazy. The back of the car doesn't get sooted like my old 306 HDi did and it has the milltek 'pointy out' tailpipes. It does still have the cat at the moment though, my 306 didn't. You can see the curves are nice and smooth!

Thats what I was thinking as it does look good. I have an AWX and want to map it but thinking about getting a bigger turbo first currently stock at 130hp and I'm aiming near 200hp.

OK, so your engine is the slightly lower torque one with the 5 speed box.

I'm sure you know, but if you have deep enough pockets Darkside will get anything you want from the engine.

I personally wont go as far as that, unless (touch wood) the turbo goes pop. Black Smoke do have a higher power map which should give me an extra 15bhp and 15lb/ft which I may look into once I have the Milltek downpipe and possibly Darkside's uprated SMIC.

Just had a read online on TDI Club it seems that its not "safe" to run 200hp with stock injectors. So I guess there isnt any point in getting a bigger turbo now as I wont be changing injectors... I would say the max realistically I can push out of the engine without changing turbo or injectors would maybe be around the 185hp mark and for a daily driver that's more than my cup of tea.

Just struggling on finding who to go to for a map as I would want it Dynoe'd there and then I also looked at TDI-Tuning where they have these little tuning boxes however I'm still not too keen on the "plug and play" stuff as reviews online are way too short term in order to make a decision on them.

Is changing injectors not easier/cheaper than changing the turbo? I'm assuming you have thought about Clutch and Flywheel?

Why not try a Black Smoke map? Where are you located?

Clutch and flywheel is ok to about 400nm and also the clutch/flywheel problem seems to only be with people who boot it from low revs and the torque ruins the clutch etc I dont drive like that anyway if I ever boot it its usually when Ive got some boost at disposal around 2500rpm. Im from the East London area.

Have you had a re-mapped diesel before? I think you will be more than happy with a map like mine. Were you classing that as 'plug and play'? Have you done EGR delete and de-cat yet?

No never had a remapped Diesel, but Ive remapped non turbo petrol cars. And no lol I wasnt saying your one is plug n play as your one is still a map as its programmed and not messing about with the ECU to change values etc. EGR Delete is on my list as I just cleaned my intake manifold out using a blow torch as it was pretty caked. I was thinking of getting a decat but just thinking if the car would fail emmissions when MOT time comes Ive seen people do DPF etc delete before and their cars run so much better.

The De-Cat wont affect our cars at all, the newer DPF's etc maybe but I think they are even OK to be honest!

It's just a thought, once you go much past a remap it can get expensive. I think mine as it is at the moment is more than enough for day to day driving. I'm used to doing 30k miles a year in an Octavia 1.6 105 so it feels pretty good compared!

Have you got a decat on your car? and is it worth doing in your opinion what sort of difference has your car made? And ive been thinking I might need to do a few things before I take the car to be mapped such as EGR delete, decat maybe if its worthwhile etc

Not yet no, It's in my signature I know but I didn't get it as soon as I thought!

On previous cars it has made the turbo spool slightly quicker I think and increased the MPG slightly.

Sounds good TBF about the Decat, I spoke to AmD from thurrock today and most likely I will be taking my car to them soon. Spoke to the chap on the phone who said they can safely push about 180bhp out of the motor and also with dyno print out and theyve done the pd130 before with no probs.

I found this decat on the bay AUDI A4 1.9 TDi Turbo Diesel 2000-2004 Decat Cat Bypass | eBay

however Im thinking if it would actually make somewhat of a difference as online Im seeing mixed reviews about decat as you say it makes the turbo spool quicker which is a good thing however that it would reduce the life of the turbo?

Not spool quicker, but reach its optimum quicker with less restriction in the exhaust.

That de-cat is cheap! I will see if they do one for mine..