Audi racing a diesel at Le Mans next year!!!

tubtub

Reaction score
Yup, it's true - do a Google for Audi R10.
Looks like I'll be heading for La Sarthe next June /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif

650BHP from a TDI !!! & a fantastic looking engine.

I think a small bet may be in order

cheers, all they had to say was 5.5 litre v12 biturbo, that will be one to watch for keep it up audi

I get a feeling with 1100 newtom metres of torque there gonna go through transmission like santa goes through mince pies.

Still would love to see all those petrol based cars get the **** handed to them by a diesel !!!!

[ QUOTE ]
can I see the gearbox from the veryon being used for something... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

good point

It's more likely to win on economy being able to go further between pit stops - like wot I does in my TDI. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]
It's more likely to win on economy being able to go further between pit stops - like wot I does in my TDI. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Aye, I've heard Audi expects it to stretch to 25 laps between pitstops instead of 17 for petrol based engines.

Should give about 4 laps in the 24 hours. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
will be funny to see a "mere diesel" over take all the porsche's / ferrari's and spykers etc. next year though!

[/ QUOTE ]

Mere diesel indeed, just u watch.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
will be funny to see a "mere diesel" over take all the porsche's / ferrari's and spykers etc. next year though!

[/ QUOTE ]

Mere diesel indeed, just u watch.

[/ QUOTE ]

I plan too with lots and lots of beer... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

ps... it doesn't sound like an oil burner from what I've heard, until they're turning it off anyway.

Their is a write up about it in this months Evo. Its a good read. The car sounds awesome, if it matches up on the track it will surely carry on the domination where the R8 left off.