Advice needed!!

Thatch85

Reaction score
I've got an a4 b7. 1.9tdi 115. Loads of oil in he water and it doesn't like starting first thing in morn. Once it's started and warm, runs fine, little bit rich(smell diesel) and starts first time all day. Eml has come on. Fault reading glow plug 3 and 4. Bought 4 new ones but its still the same. Any ideas?

as for oil in water. New oil cooler fitted, but still seeping quite a lot of oil into header tank. Just been to see a local mechanic and he says cracked head or block? But the car runs fine, but he did seen to be a money grabber. Takin about hundreds to take he head off. 6 hours labour? Find it hard to believe as I changed a head gasket on a 2.8 vr6 in 3 hours. No idea what's happening with the oil in water. I'm thinking head gasket, but could do with a second opinion from someone who wants to help and doesn't want to see what's in my wallet

cheers guys

could be a cracked head or the headgasket
only real way of telling is a strip down

some engine suffered from cracked heads there is a list on seatcupra net
head gasket could be an issue
it does depend on how much head is out to cost
if head needs a skim then all valves and injectors etc have to be removed and then valves have to be reset to head to mis pistons

Goin to find someone with a good rep and leave it with them, needs sortin. Just cleaned header tank out with power washer and flushed all coolant hoses. Now my heaters are blowing cold air! Aarrrgh!!

It's recently had a new engine my cad as my last was high mileage. Was a local lad I know that fit it for me. Is there any chance he may have put hoses in wrong place. I.e oil hose to water system? Would the car still run if he had done that somewhere? Because it is a lot of oil. I flushed the full coolant system out yesterday Nd this morn it's full of oil again!