anybody recommend a good diesel injector cleaner?

CHEZ

moderately amusing
Supporter
Reaction score
as per the title really,
i have never added any of this to my tank and was wanting to clean things internally a bit!
there are loads of diesel injector cleaners to buy out there, and one brand is always better than the next! :readit:
just gathering opinions really of what you guys use/recommend and approve of!
cheers.

derv injectors are not the same trench coat!
first you have to take your cam cover off, unloosen a wiring harness, remove the injector which has a sort of spring mechanism on it that runs of a camshaft lobe, and then refit correctly which is a mega ballache, plus the fact that i dont think you can soak them in an ultrasonic bath like you can on a petrol injector.
i basically want a good quality additive to add to my tank that cleans everything out.
something that actually works. :cool:

Thought about running a few tanks of V power diesel at the same time Chez?

Redex are pretty well known for this sort of thing, not sure if they actually do anything though.

Reactions: wesmaster
i used to use v power all the time mate until my local shell closed down! :think:
i seen the redex stuff but was wondering if thats any good or there is anything better just to wack through for peace of mind really

Chez, if you take them out you can run through a cleaner but its not worth the ball ache for the amount of work you have to do to get to them.

I would slap some redex through it.
I've used it, several mates (same engine as yours) and my dad, all noticed results. If they was genuine or placebo effect we don't know.
but worth a go.

Maybe try a few tanks of shells Vpower diesel

I use the Millers stuff, can't remember what it's caled now, used to be Powersport 4. Used it in my Golf TDI and now the A3, seems like a wee octane boost for the Diesel.

I had a very noticeable result from using BG244 (bought a couple of cans on Amazon) and will be running it yearly from now on to clear the crud out just prior to servicing.

i used to use v power all the time mate until my local shell closed down! :think:
i seen the redex stuff but was wondering if thats any good or there is anything better just to wack through for peace of mind really
All Redex is it's BP Ultimate..
I'd recommend Wyns Injector Cleaner from my experience ;)

I have just had the terraclean service done on my pd130 it has made car run alot better its and theres no more smoke on hard acelaration

+1 bg244 great product used regular and just prior to a remap and they said the engine was running above stock bhp, not bad on a 100k 55 plate

Paraffin and NO iam not $%cking about, I ran out of diesel the other day and had a gallon of Paraffin in the boot, in it went, ran fine, kicked out a bit of smoke on the boot then filled back up with diesel when I got to garage, 2 weeks later the car is running much sweeter and hardly ANY smoke no matter how hard its pushed (dunno bout legalities) but injector cleaner is full of Kerosene anyways IT WORKS :)