no1 injector problem on 1.9 tdi

tp7n

Reaction score

hi
i have just taken my car to whites camberley for a free summer check promotion they have on, i asked if a tech could run a scan tool on it to find out why its running lumpy and kicking out black smoke on heavy acceleration if he had time.

anyhow i have just had a call from the receptionist telling me that a fault was found on n01 injector which is causing the smoke/idling problem and the repair bill will be @ £800, OUCH!!
the part cost is @380 with the rest labour.

what i wondered was is it possible for me to change the injector ? are any special tools required? and what is the procedure.
i am reasonably good mechanically (built hi spec engines before) and have all the NORMAL tools needed.

any feedback greatly appreciated.

tp&n

ps the car is a 2001 1.9tdi

I suppose that's about 5 hours labour which might be about right considering how the PD engines are put together

This is an interesting document on the workings of the PD system. It should give you an idea of the job. I wouldn't say it was difficult but you would need to strip quite a bit just to get to the injector.

HTH

I have a set of injectors from a Golf PD130 engine if your interested, I may sell one on it's own. Would need the part number to confirm they are the same.
Also I believe that the injectors or coded as part of the immoiliser on the PD engines so would need recodeing by main dealer.

[ QUOTE ]
I have a set of injectors from a Golf PD130 engine if your interested, I may sell one on it's own. Would need the part number to confirm they are the same.
Also I believe that the injectors or coded as part of the immoiliser on the PD engines so would need recodeing by main dealer.

[/ QUOTE ]that would be ideal if they are the same.
the part number is...038 130 079 fx, if its compatible let me know what you want £** wise and we can make arrangements for pick up cheers.

5 hours total labour is for other work as well as the injector........
front discs and pads...1.5 hrs
rear pads...1 hr
injector& cam cover garter..1.5 hrs

thanks for the feedback
tp&n