Diesel Dump Valves? Someone tell me what this is please.

evomaster3000

Reaction score
www.ImageShack.us" /></a>

Pic above shows what i think is a recirculating valve on my 98 1.9TDi A6 engine.
I know somone said that diesels don't have dump valves, and i don't think they do, but i've looked at this and it has all the characteristics of a dv, can someone enlighten me as to what it is?
It takes a feed off the brake servo and in to what looks like an EGR valve, which goes to it, it has a pipe linking it from the inlet manifold to the ehaust.

I'm looking at fitting an atmospheric bailey twin piston dump valve to it and wondered if i could take a T piece off this pipe if it is a vacuum pipe to the dump valve.

Can someone help, anyone with a haynes for this engine?

I'm sure this will be of interest to some others too.

the one at the bottom is the actuator, the top one is the egr valve.
anyone feel free too correct me if im wrong.

thats all standard fit.

check dervdoctor, for dump valve fittments to diesels, i was going to fit a twin abaileys too as my mate has on done to a B5 TDI 1.9 but cant find a decent valve yet!

Does any link on the Forge website actually work??
I know it says it's being updated but at the moment it's like reading a magazine with blank pages - a complete f*ck*ng waste of time!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif
Can you find out how to contact them? I'm b*gg*r*d if I can /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif

[ QUOTE ]
what you laughing at mike!

[/ QUOTE ]

I promised the missus I wont mess anymore but she's gonna notice this!

[ QUOTE ]
Does any link on the Forge website actually work??
I know it says it's being updated but at the moment it's like reading a magazine with blank pages - a complete f*ck*ng waste of time!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif
Can you find out how to contact them? I'm b*gg*r*d if I can /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

email info@forgemotorsport.co.uk

Rich

ive sent email i will post replies! ive also asked for a order line tel number!

Prices from, £99 for the fitting kit and £89 for the valve!

Im feeling a group buy coming on!

i need to get my engine code where will that be!

phoned audi engine code is located in the service book, near timing belt and on floor of boot!

Dump valve and fitting kit is on the Way, pics will follow soon!

been working too much and not had time to reply,
How much and how do i get one Mcgough?

Cheers

Sorry mate didn't read previous posts,
Price seems good, Can you post a pic of what the kit consists of and all the bits and also wot it looks like when fitted as i would be very interested and how you fit it as i'm in a debate with mates as they keep telling me other ways of fitting and what i need to get.

cheers,