2.5TDi and PSI Motorsport Tuning Box - Help Needed Please

mixmaster

Reaction score
Managed to get hold of a PSI Motorsport Tuning box for my '98 2.5TDi.

Unfortunately it came with no operating/fitting instructions and although the kind people at PSI have been helpful with the performance figures they are not that forthcoming with manuals...

It was damaged in transit so needs wires re-soldering onto the circuit board which I assume sits between the ECU and car. My soldering isn't up to this but does anyone see any reason not to have it repaired by someone good enough rather than return it to PSI?

Then I have a Brown and a Black wire of which I have been told one goes to the battery and one to the pump.

I believe inside the box are different settings too (one of which I was advised not to use without a modified air filter and exhaust?)

I know adamss24 is a fan of these it's just getting hold of him! Thanks. Mike.

Send me your email adress and i'll scan and send you the fitting instrucions. Used to have a PDF somewhere but i cannot find it at the moment. Where abouts are you based ? If not to far from n. london i could fix and fit the box for you...

Sounds good. I am actually in London next week. Travelling down from Leicester on Tuesday.

I was hoping you would help as the car has 193k on it and although it seems fine I have no idea really what is about to go bang next.

Managed to get some fitting instructions albeit they are quite vague.

All seems quite straight forward, interconnecting board between the ECU and car, brown wire to the Negative on the battery...however, the black wire needs to be attached via a Scotch Lock to the upper right black wire entering the injection pump.

The pictures are not that clear but I assume they mean the wire I have pointed out in the attached.

injpump.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

There is then a switch wire (not needed) and a thin grey wire of which I have no idea...

Could anyone confirm I have the right wire on the pump and whether or not I need to worry about the grey wire. Thanks.

BUMP

Managed to get some fitting instructions albeit they are quite vague.

All seems quite straight forward, interconnecting board between the ECU and car, brown wire to the Negative on the battery...however, the black wire needs to be attached via a Scotch Lock to the upper right black wire entering the injection pump.

The pictures are not that clear but I assume they mean the wire I have pointed out in the attached.

injpump.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

There is then a switch wire (not needed) and a thin grey wire of which I have no idea...

Could anyone confirm I have the right wire on the pump and whether or not I need to worry about the grey wire. Thanks.