2.5TDI Quattro. NEWBIE!!!!!

Mackers

Reaction score
hi all, i'm about to pick up an "X"Reg 2.5 this weekend and was wondering
about shutting/bypassing the EGR, as a friend did this on my Leon with a
VAGCOM, so no codes would be shown.... and the "Anti-hijacking" feature
"switched on"..is this possible on the A4 2.5TDI??
Finally.... is a cat bypass any use an who does them... as i've been out of the VAG
Scene for a few yrs now...
Also any other In-expensive mods available :)
Many Thanks
Wayne.

Welcome to Asn Wayne. Hope you enjoy the forum.

Hi Wayne,
Yes, to all the above!
If you go to Ross-Techs site, there are directions to changing the egr cycle, and how to enable the auto locks, I've done both on my B5s, but not the de-cat
You'll find various write-ups here on egr blanking, auto lock and de-cats, but you might be better looking in the B5/B6 forums.

You would need a login code to decrease the egr valve rate and it's not that good to the engine during the winter. The engine will take longer to warm-up and the mpg suffers. regarding de-cat's i would just remove yours and cnock the innards with a rod then refit. Best bang for buck !

but surly knocking the cats out, would ruin the emissions test on the mot.
do either of you know anyone with a VAGCOM that could do it locally for me, i'm willing to pay,
jus seems a lot of money, when i only need the the once, for literally 5-10mins.

but surly knocking the cats out, would ruin the emissions test on the mot.
do either of you know anyone with a VAGCOM that could do it locally for me, i'm willing to pay,
jus seems a lot of money, when i only need the the once, for literally 5-10mins.

Diesels don't need a cat to pass the Mot test and i have removed them on my car for a few years and no detrimental issues so far.

If you are doing any work on your car, you will want Vag com. Have a read here, and it will become apparent the sooner you get it, the quicker you get your money back!
I'm one of those who say get the real one, even though it is expensive, but a lot of guys here have used e-bay stuff without too much trouble.
If you use Vagcom to change the cycle, the login code for the 2.5TDi is different to that on Ross Techs site for the Golf - I can't remember what I used, but somebody will be along with it soon or search here, as I wrote on a thread!
(Of course, you can just blank the EGR and don't code anything)

i've seen these blanking plates of the "Bay of E" when i did that to my Leon the Eng Light came on... i take it, they don't on these 2.5's??

That's my plan next week :) I fancy the de-cat too but am a little scared of wrecking it, the missus woul kill me!!
this is what i''m thinking too... jus what if, what it i leave a small amount of cat in the "box" and that travels back and rattles like hell when driving..... it'd do my nut it, lol.