A6 2001 2.5 tdi v6 non starter

Magnet

Reaction score
Please help!!!

The beast has all of a sudden stopped....

Parked up at work on Monday morning, returned to her to leave and all she did was turn over... no splutters, just turned over?

Recovery chap thought it might be fuel issue, poss fuel pump or relay...

I've losended off the high pressure rails to the injectors and all 6 are receiving fuel... I realise there could be many possible faults, but could anyone advise me what to check next?

Prior to this the car hasn't recently given any course for concern.

I have seen threads re the VP44 pump (ouch) if there is fuel leaving the pump could it still be the cause?

Vehicle details
2001 A6
Mileage 148k
Engine code AKE

All help and advice appreciated.

Rob.

does sound like the fuel pump they do just stop without warning sometimes, although first thing to do is get it on vag-com

Could it be the wiring loom?I had the same problem recently with my 2.5tdi quattro stalling at first and then failing to fire up.It proves to be a poor connection in the wiring in a tuning box which was removed 2 mos ago and no probs since

Just a thread finnish off.

Fault codes were...

01318 - Control Module Injection Pump - J399

&

01268 Quantity Adjuster - N146

After looking over the net I had read that the majority of VP44 pump problems are down to the Diesel Control Unit (DCU) unless the pump has been run dry..... the DCU is mounted on the pump so rather having to remove the whole pump, belts etc I decided to remove the DCU by clipping 4 wires and undoing 8 torques bolts + another 2 which hold a contact to the shaft of the pump once the DCU is removed.

I sent the unit off to ECU Testing Ltd in Heanor (once i had called and they had confirmed they could repair) who repaired the Quantity Adjuster fault... something to do with the circuitry on the DCU.

i received the unit back today, fitted it and soldered the wire's, primed the pump with diesel and after a few cranks it came to life :eek:)

Fingers crossed no more problems.

Rob.

I was charged £300. ish which included VAT and delivery.

Their site quotes £250 - £350 for repairs and £35.00 + shipping to check if no works carried out....

Alot less than removeing the Pump and Refit :eek:)

Rob

I would have spent 600 and had my own pump rebuilt with a new, improved Bosch EDC... You get more for your money and a pump back to the Bosch specs as per new !