1.9 tdi 90

jase0851

Reaction score
does anyone know where i can get my a4 remapped i live in north yorkshire as the performance is poor to say the least

i think the car is running ok i have nothing to compare it with though my previous car was a vectra gsi so its bound to feel slow compared to that

you can get tuning boxes off ebay for them, my bro got one for his 1.9 tdi polo (90 bhp version) for £70 and it made a huge difference too power, mpg hasnt really changed either.

Does it pull upto near the redline? I had a 1999 90bhp A4 tdi and when I test drove it it was dire - it felt really flat I told them to change the MAF and WGFV before I even considered it. it made a big differnece - it was probably just the MAF that was knackered.

VAG never followed the Bosch requirement specs for fitting of their MAFs - They are mounted too rigid so the vibrations kill the MAF over time - it will happen again and again - so it is worth knowing how to test them.

If you have Vag-com measure block 3 for the MAF reading. Give it WOT from 2krpm. You should get at least 800mg/stroke air mass at 3k rpm.

I got mine remapped - made a big difference. I got around 125bhp out of it with a custom remap.

HTH