allroad 2.5tdi rebuilt front end + engine mounts, A/C fan, valve cover gasket

Alski2009

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm slowly trying to restore my allroad. In the past garages have let me down by fitting sub-standard cheap and nasty parts. Fingers crossed this works ok as i have a few images I'd like to share.

Quick update. I bought the car a few years ago. Was in reasonably good condition. No trace of any leaking fluids. It ran ok for a while. Then it spat out a load of rocker arms, needed a front end re-build, new injectors, new turbo. Garage i've used before did the work. F-FWD. Later the car left me stranded in the Lake District. Got the car recovered to London, to the same garage and replaced the camshaft, rocker arms, lash-caps, but didn't replace a single hydraulic lifter. Took the car back. A few days later spat out 3 rocker arms. They paid for the labour and i'd asked them to change all 24No hydraulic lifters. A few days later it spat out 1No. rocker arm and they paid for the labour again and I asked them to replace the rocker arm, lash-cap and hydraulic lifter.

Some time later the air bladders were leaking so changed them for Arnott's and noticed a serious oil leak all over the back of the engine, gearbox. Went back to the same garage again (stupidly), ran the UV dye for a while. Went back and diagnosed a leaking valve cover gasket and vacuum pump gasket. They did the work and shortly after my car started leaking oil again.

This is where I'd contacted Adamss24. As you all know he's a 2.5 v6 tdi genius. He had a look at my car and showed me where the garage had used cheap knock-off arms and where the bushes had disintegrated, the bush in 1 of the upper arms had nearly pulled out. Needed fixing urgently. Over a weekend Chris worked on my car. Replaced all of the arms. Fitted solid RS6 TRE's. Counted the number of revolutions off and would you believe when i went to get the tracking sorted was out by a tiny fraction.

The A/C would always cut-out in traffic because the A/C fan was dead. Chris diagnosed this and after a trip to EuroCarParts my A/C runs so cool.

Anywho. Big thanks to Adamss24/Chris for working so hard on my car and fixing everything. You can just tell when you watch someone working that they know what they're doing. My car goes so much better now and doesn't skip about. Next on my list. Replace the timing belt, tensioner, water pump, thermostat, etc. And then POWER upgrades! Images to follow.

20110707100439.jpg

By alski2009 at 2011-07-14

You won't meet a nicer guy. Helpful and courteous. We had a laugh whilst working too. Many thanks again Chris. Now... ummm... about those power mods we were talking about!

It was my pleasure mate, as i said, i am glad to help ! You know the saying: do it once, do it right ! Them arms were expensive but worth every penny, i am jealous as your allroad handles better than mine now- need to get a few for myself but at 180 quid each they may have to wait for a while ! As we spoke, a pair of ported heads with new lifters/rocker arms and thrust washers, lapped in valves and a bv50/gtb220 Vk and Bosio race nozzles should do it nicely... Throw in a decent remap and you'll embarrass hot hatches !