Turbo problem's or Mass Air Meter?

MrFluffyBunny

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm experiencing problems with my 2.5 TDi A6. Car loses power above 3K rpm, feel's like I don't have a turbo anymore. I've put a Snap On diagnostic M/C on it and have no fault codes. I've swapped my Air Box top (Mass Air Meter I believe) with my Father In Law's motor and had no difference. Only thing I can find is that barometric pressure in the inlet manifold peaked at 1,499 milibars, I believe this should be around 2000 milibars. To me this point's me towards my turbo charger however I'm loath to pay out for a new turbo without being certain that there is a turbo fault. I had a look at my turbine and it spins freely with no end float so all should be ok unless there is a problem with the waste gate.

Has anybody had similar problems?

Do you have any suggestions on where to obtain information or how to pin down a diagnostic?

Wow... impressive terminology... I don't understand a word of it though, perhaps you have just got some of your fluff stuck in your turbo Mr Bunny? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[eratum: apologies for the bad joke... I'm having an off day]

the MAF has a plug coming out of it, its not actually attached too the airbox, only by a jubilee clip.
is yours the di or cr version?

Mines a 1995 2.5 a6 tdi and i got the same problem - it used to boost from 2500 to 4500 rpm, but now theres no boost and just revs slugish, im trying to locate the boost valve regulator and wastgate to investigate them .

[ QUOTE ]
Wow... impressive terminology... I don't understand a word of it though, perhaps you have just got some of your fluff stuck in your turbo Mr Bunny? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[eratum: apologies for the bad joke... I'm having an off day]

[/ QUOTE ]

Fluff stuck in your turbo do you work for Kwik fit............... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

sounds like the problems I'm having with my A3 1.9TDI 110 - the turbo has vaes have caked up with a mixture of soot/oil (leaking from the 'wet side' of the turbo due to bearing wear) - the vanes stick open causing over-boost, which results in the ECU shutting the turbo down. However I had a fault code.

Save yourself time and worry and just get your local dealer to carry out a full diagnostic - they can work all components of the turbo system and diagnose the fault.

If you want more help send me a message!