Audi 2.5 tdi T reg "99" Problems with remap

slick58

Reaction score
Hi all,

Purchased my first Audi about 6 months ago, after much deliberation, went for the 2.5tdi. Went to AMD to get a remap (the acceleration is a bit rough.. agree??) they told me I had an older type ECU, so they couldn't do it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

They did however give me the option of having a box put in line with the ECU box /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif This would have cost me all together nearly £700!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif

Does anyone know if a Superchip upgrade would present any problems? or indeed any other way of smoothing out that acceleration?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hi there

Sorry to hear about your remap not happening, this has now got me worried as I have my 1998 a6 avant 2.5 tdi booked in for remap and cruise control?????

Keeping my fingers crossed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

i have an adjustable tuning box on mine, got it from ebay for just over £100 made a huge difference, no change in mpg either.
you can get custom remaps for it btw as loads of companies do them. you just cant reprogram the existing one which is probs what they meen.

Hi slick

Just got back from Amd myself and they are having troubles with my remap as well, cruise control is fine np there. Waiting to hear if they can sort something out, will let you know as my A6 is a 1998 2.5tdi.

all the best
George /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif