EM TuningVolks Autos
    Reverse Gear

Status

turbo hissing noisy

Hi I have an Audi 1.9tdi 05 driving it the other day heard a slight pop and then the turbo has a loud whining/hissing noise , when I took of the wastegate acuator pipe (vacume) the noise stopped but lack of turbo power when I put the pipe back on I had full turbo power but the whining turbo spinning noise like the wastegate is constantly open , could this be the N75 Solinoid valve or an air leak somewhere I dont think the turbo is at fault as it is not rumbling or rattleling or like a bearing whine just the spinning noise of the turbo ?

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Our allroad has a slight whistling sound from the turbo & wondered if this was normal.

5th Gear
    Breakout Champion

Status
    if you heard a poping noise before the hissing i would say that you need to be looking for a pipe that has come off or split.
    2.5tdi Avant Q S 180 - 19" RS6 reps - chrome mirrors - ambient light package - cruise and dis retrofit - chrome side repeaters - front sline lowr conversion with cupra r splitter - rear lower valance with twin cut outs and exhaust tips - rs4 rear antiroll bar - puddle and footwell lights - sline door blades - fully colour coded - b8 autodimming mirror on custom window adapter - geuine aero wiper upgrade - genuine heated mirror upgrade

Neutral

Status
    Did u figure out your problem exactly the same thing happened to me tonight ? I thought I had actuall blown a tyre and then lost most power and car went into limp mode

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by alictait View Post
    Did u figure out your problem exactly the same thing happened to me tonight ? I thought I had actuall blown a tyre and then lost most power and car went into limp mode
    Mine turned out to be the intercooler, just posting incase anyone stumbles across the thread looking for answers.