MISANO RED A3 SPORTBACK

seanick

Reaction score
Hi,

I,ve just bought a new a3 its red and i am looking for a bit of advice on what would be the best way to get a deep glossy polish to the paint? Its an every day car so looking for something that is fairly quick? to use and not too expensive?

I know not asking for much eh!!!!!:cool:

Any advice would be great

Thanks Seanick

Hi Hunty,

Thanks for your quick response m8:cool: have had a look and will be going for some red moose.what wax would you recommend to accompany the red moose?

Regards Seanick

Sorry m8 just looked at the moose again and they have wax recommendations on the same page!!!:crying:

Last edited:
No, that's a recipe for absolute disaster, so leave it well alone! The only polishers that are safe for relative novices are dual action machines such as the Kestrel DAS-6 or the Meguiar's G220 - you also need to match the pads and polish to the hardness of the paint; see this link for an overview and explanation...

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/what-polish-should-i-use.html

For an in-depth guide about what to use and why on red paint for best results see this Audi-Sport hosted guide we wrote a little while back...

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showth...ed-products-routine-for-solid-mid-tone-Audi-s

:sm4:

Hi polished bliss,

I have managed to source a meguires g220 locally can you tell me if the werkstat carnauba kit is what i should be looking at?
Or is this just for hand polishing? If so is there a kit available best suited to my car?

Sorry for being so vague but getting a bit lost with every thing that is available!!! i have read the thread but think this is geared towards hand polishing??please correct me if im wrong!!!!!!!:)

You are correct; the linked thread gives a routine aimed at users without a machine. However, it is simple to modify the routine to incorporate a machine polishing step. Simply substitute the hand polishing advice with this advice...

To correct swirl marks and other light to moderate defects (fine scratches and etching) on your car, we recommend conducting a two stage process starting with Menzerna RD3.02 in conjunction with Menzerna Polishing Pads (135 mm pads on a 125 mm backing plate for larger flatter areas, and 80 mm spot pads on a 75 mm backing plate for smaller more awkward areas). Working at around 4000-5000 orbits per minute (speed 4-5 on most dual action machine polishers) using light to moderate pressure should enable you to correct around 95% of the defects present in just 1-2 attempts per panel. To get an even higher level of correction, or to tackle any remaining deeper defects, you could switch to using Menzerna Compounding Pads (135 mm pads on a 125 mm backing plate for larger flatter areas, and 80 mm spot pads on a 75 mm backing plate for smaller more awkward areas). These offer even more cutting power, but are more awkward to use, as they are very firm and unyielding. With the correction stage done, we recommend following up with Menzerna 85RE in conjunction with Menzerna mm Finishing Pads (135 mm pads on a 125 mm backing plate for larger flatter areas, and 80 mm spot pads on a 75 mm backing plate for smaller more awkward areas). Working at around 4000-5000 orbits per minute (speed 4-5 on most dual action machine polishers) using light pressure should enable you to produce an ultra-sharp high gloss finish, which you should then protect using the Werkstat carnauba system or any good quality carnauba wax.

:sm4: