Sky InsuranceAH Fabrications
    1st Gear

Status

Flex XC3401 DA Polisher.

I'm looking at upgrading my Kestrel DAS-6 and was wondering if any forum members had experience of the Flex XC3401 VRG Positive Drive machine?

There's seems to be a limited list of UK suppliers with the cheapest price I can find being Ł375.00 however I can source one from a German E-bay merchant for approximately Ł276.00 incl delivery which is tempting.

If anyone has used one I'd be keen to hear how it compares to the PC/UDM/G220 as well as a rotary machine?

Would the upgrade be worthwhile or would I be better sticking with the Kestrel until I learn how to properly use a rotary?

Thanks in advance.
    '53 A3 2.0 TDi Sport in ebony black with
    Symphony II+, BOSE & rear park assist

2. # ADS
    ADS

Polished Bliss

Status
    Do you like to switch between full size and spot pads when working? If so, double check the machine specification carefully, as last time I checked the backing plate isn't interchangeable on Flex machines, meaning you can't use spot pads with it. We were seriously looking at stocking it a year or so back, but this issue killed the idea for us.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by WX51TXR View Post
    Do you like to switch between full size and spot pads when working? If so, double check the machine specification carefully, as last time I checked the backing plate isn't interchangeable on Flex machines, meaning you can't use spot pads with it. We were seriously looking at stocking it a year or so back, but this issue killed the idea for us.
    Yeah I did note that the gear mechanism formed part of the backing plate however 3m have now launched a conversion kit to address this shortcoming.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNHtWgU2eqI
    '53 A3 2.0 TDi Sport in ebony black with
    Symphony II+, BOSE & rear park assist

Polished Bliss

Status
    Well found, hadn't seen that - looks like a good solution to a major shortcoming, although there is still plate overlap on the smallest pads he uses. Just pick your pad sizes with care and you'll be fine.