Cleaning and detailing What do you guys use?

waxdaddy

Reaction score
Hi everybody, this is my first post on here as the wax daddy and i thought i would open with a question.
What products do you guys tend to use on your cars? I'm talking waxes, polish, clay bars etc etc and
importantly what have you found that works best for the various colours that your cars come in?
Do you find that your cars paint prefers different products to other cars? Reason i ask that is that i know
Jap cars certainly do as they have thinner paint than most.

If you guys have any questions about what products you could use on your cars to get the results you want then just ask.

Not sure what you're asking chap. Might be worth posting up what car you have, coupled with the paint colour; then I/others can answer with some helpful advice.

In the meantime, have a read of the Polished Bliss guides at the top of this forum, to get you started (wash method/dry/claying/waxes etc) :o.k:

Not sure what you're asking chap. Might be worth posting up what car you have, coupled with the paint colour; then I/others can answer with some helpful advice.

In the meantime, have a read of the Polished Bliss guides at the top of this forum, to get you started (wash method/dry/claying/waxes etc) :o.k:

Echo the above.

Japanese Cars use a totally different painting method from what I've heard. I did own a Subaru Impreza RB5 at one point and used Swissvax (swissol) Samurai on it. Paint was thinner than VAG too, by quite a bit.

The only thing I find with PB is the use of this BlackFire stuff. Seems like they use the same product on lots of different cars and lots of different colours. Werkstat is also mentioned but what about all the other products that are available and are marginally better/cheaper etc.????

One of the best waxes of all time IMO is Collinite 476s. Sooooo cheap and gives absolutely great results and durability for the price paid. Outstanding. 915 is another great product but is less durable with more depth/gloss.

The best I've seen on my own personal car is Vics Concours wax, collinite 476s first, followed by Vics - hand applied and left to cure properly. I've yet to layer SN from Dodo juice but will soon enough.

G